We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all CDC guidelines, however, considering the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing our new protocols to keep you and us safe. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment and asked a set of health-related questions. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients entering our office or we will provide one for you.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to viruses.
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning of the day.
- Payment systems at the front to minimize contact after the appointments.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Enhanced HVAC so our air has never been cleaner. HEPA-grade filters, copper filters, and UV light for cleaning the air.
- Negative Pressure Rooms found in high-tech laboratories and medical centers, these rooms provide the highest levels of self-containment and climate control.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal equipment like visors, gowns and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, chairs, doorknobs and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.